RAINDROP THERAPY (Young Living) I AM CERTIFIED IN AROMATOUCH (doTerra)
RD = Basil, cypress, marjoram, oregano, peppermint, thyme, wintergreen, aromasiez, valor, orthoease.
AT = Balance, lavendar, tea tree, onguard, aromatouch, deep blue, wild orange, peppermint.
I also have feelings oils for rescue horses or ones with lots of emotional baggage, and short sessions for other maladies.
Same idea as people. On horses specific oils are layered on the coronet band, up the inside of the rear legs, rubbed on shoulders, and applied to poll, spine and sacrum.
Raindrop technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by D. Gary Young in the 1980s. It combines several holistic modalities to bring balance and alignment to the body in a non-invasive manner. It also stimulates all the body systems on a physical and emotionally level.
What is Raindrop Technique?
This technique involves applying therapeutic grade essential oils to the spine, neck and feet. The session lasts about an hour however the benefits may last up to a week or more.
Gary found that combining several holistic techniques, described below, created a synergistic effect for the body. The three modalities that combine to form Raindrop Technique are:
• Aromatherapy – Raindrop technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil massage blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
• Vita Flex Technique – Vita Flex was brought to the US in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan healing methodology meaning “vitality through the reflexes”. Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to the body creates an electric charge that is therapeutic to the body. This is known as piezoelectric.
• Feather Stroking - This is similar to a massage term technique called effleurage. But this technique was actually termed by the Native American Indians.
How does Raindrop get its Name?
Essential oils are actually dropped from about 6 inches above your spine, simulating rain drops! It feels like a rain drop gently striking your spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting.
It is thought that the oils interact with a person’s electric field before even penetrating the skin of the back. Thereby, enhancing the electromagnetic properties of the oils as well. Amazing!
What is the Concept behind Feather Stroking?
In the 1980s Gary Young worked with a Lakota elder named Wallace Black Elk. He learned that the Lakota people went to Canada to experience the Northern Lights or Aurora Borealis (before there were border crossings and reservations). The Lakota people would raise their hands toward the light and breathe in the energy of the lights for healing purposes.
Once the Lakota people could no longer cross the border, they created a stroking technique along the spine using a feather that simulated the healing energy of the Aurora Borealis. And this is the massage technique that was taught to Gary Young and is named feather stroking.
What are the Benefits of Raindrop Technique?
There are numerous benefits of the Raindrop Technique. Here are just a few:
• Balance and Re-align the Energy Centers of the Body – The combination of techniques brings electrical and structural alignment to the body. The essential oil blend of Valor helps the body align and is often referred to as “chiropractor in the bottle”.
• Non-Manipulative Technique – No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into balance by opening energy flow throughout the body.
• Reduce Stress and Minor Anxiety - Not only can the oils enhance positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help us release negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
• Aid the Body's Natural Response to Irritation and Injury – Thyme and Oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous, and other body systems. They are strong antioxidants.
• Ease Muscle, Bone, and Joint Discomfort – Muscles that are sore, spastic or stressed will also benefit. Basil, Wintergreen, Marjoram, Cypress and Peppermint essential oils reduce tension in muscles. Wintergreen supports healthy bone structure.
• Improve Immune System Functions – Thyme and Oregano essential oils support the immune system; and aid in the release of toxins in the body. This will contribute positively to your overall health and well being.
• Emotional Well Being and Release – Essential oils cross the blood-brain barrier and effect the limbic system where emotions are stored in the "brain's emotional computer".
• Help Detox the Body Systems – The oils being high in phenols cleanse cellular receptor sites and enhance the lymphatic system detox of the body.
• Increase in Height – Most people experience a slight increase in their height. This is due to the realignment of the spine and detoxification along the spinal column.
2/14 (Aromatouch) Sunday's treatment was very pleasant. The first surprise was getting up off the table with NO back pain. In fact, I had no back pain for 24 hrs--for the first time in 20 years. Next was the feeling of inner relaxation. Monday I accomplished more of the kind of things I procrastinate about then I would do in a week. This continued Tuesday and now it's Wednesday and am still doing those put-off-till-tomorrow kind of things. I'm ready for another treatment. Thanks C.D. Langley
2/14 (Aromatouch) I slept like a log, my wife thanks you. G.R.D. Langley
12/13 (Raindrop Therapy) Very nice and I could breathe better afterwards! E.C. Sultan